NYS Approves Health Insurance Exchange Rates.
Governor Cuomo announced yesterday that New York’s Health Benefits Exchange have been approved . Additionally, the New York Times yesterday published an article highlighting that the rates in the individual market that will be offered in 2014 are at least 50 percent lower than they are now. The article link and Governor’s office press release are included below.
5 things we now know about the NYS Exchanges:
- Importantly, Insurers must still confirm that they will be in either the individual exchange and/ or shop exchange
- The rates approved yesterday are subject to final certification of the insurers’ participation in the exchange.
- Many of the networks used on the Exchange appear to be smaller than the group rated.
- Some new insurers have eneter the marketplace such as OSCAR and Freelancers. While a few such as EmblemHealth have taken a wait and see approach.
- Additionally, NYS individual market rate will drop significantly in 2014 but they have been historically always the highest. An individual/Direct Pay HMO is approximately $1,000-$1,200/month. They are still approximately 18% highest.
The Department of Financial Services (DFS) has approved New York’s Health Health Insurance Exchange rates for 17 insurers seeking to offer coverage including eight new entrants into the market that do not currently offer commercial health insurance plans. Please click the following links for the Governor’s Press Release and the Individual and Small Group rates.
The following companies had health insurance plan rates for the health benefits exchange approved today by DFS. The rates approved today are subject to final certification of the insurers’ participation in the exchange.
- Affinity Health Plan, Inc.
- American Progressive Life & Health Insurance Company of New York
- Capital District Physicians Health Plan, Inc.
- Health Insurance Plan of Greater New York
- Empire BlueCross BlueShield
- Fidelis Care
- Freelancers Co-Op
- Healthfirst New York
- HealthNow New York, Inc.
- Independent Health
- MetroPlus Health Plan
- MVP Health Plan, Inc.
- North Shore LIJ
- Oscar Health Insurance Co.
- United Healthcare
If you have additional questions regarding how SHOP Exchanges and Individual Exchanges can benefit you please contact our team at Millennium Medical Solutions Corp. Stay tuned for updates as more information gets released. We’re inside of 75 days until exchanges open, and information will be coming quickly in the next few months. Sign up for latest news updates.
Federal government health care site: www.healthcare.gov
Kaiser Health Reform Subsidy Calculator:http://healthreform.kff.org/subsidycalculator.aspx
[contact-form][contact-field label=’Name’ type=’name’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Email’ type=’email’ required=’1’/][contact-field label=’Website’ type=’url’/][contact-field label=’Comment’ type=’textarea’ required=’1’/][/contact-form]