King Ruling Awaiting Supreme Court
The King Ruling awaits As Supreme Court schedules more decision days. The decision is expected to be possibly on Thursday on the legality of the Health care subsidies. ISSUE RECAP: At issue is whether subsidies that 8.7 million people receive to help pay for their insurance are available in all 50 states, or only those that set up their own health insurance exchanges.
On March 4th, the Supreme Court heard oral arguments in King v. Burwell on whether the language of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) allows the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) to provide subsidies or premium tax credits to residents of the 34 states that declined to establish health insurance Marketplaces/Exchanges. If the Court disagrees with how the IRS interprets the ACA’s language regarding subsidy availability, the ruling could affect the future availability of subsidies in states with Federal Exchanges and change the nature of ACA compliance from a fairly unified system to one that is more fragmented with state-by-state variations. In addition, estimates are up to 8 million current ACA enrollees could lose their current government health care subsidies. The Court is expected to issue its decision at the end of June 2015.
Please join us for upcoming Webinar on How to Prepare for Current and Future ACA Requirements.
Are you able to identify and address all of the ACA requirements? Have you developed a plan of action to help stay in compliance? This webinar will walk you through a three year case study and provide you with current and future solutions to help your group prepare for ACA challenges including the Cadillac Tax.
Some of the key webinar highlights include:
- Will Federal subsidies stop in some states making residents unable to access subsidized Exchange coverage?
- 3 year case study providing a practical view
- Will IRS information reporting still be required?
- Could Congress step in and propose changes to the existing ACA law?
- 2015 – Section 125 changes including eligibility, PRAs, excepted benefits and FSA plans for higher OOP exposure
- 2016 – Renewal focus on HSA’s with a dollar for dollar matching contribution
- 2017 – Further conversation of reducing benefit costs utilizing post deductible HRA’s and consideration of Defined Contributions
Practical information you can use – a webinar you will not want to miss!