2020 Healthfirst Plans
Healthfirst has released affordable new 2020 plans for NY small businesses and not a moment too soon. The only non-profit Health Insurer owned by hospitals has kept market low rates with a 4.7% DECREASE for 2020. By integrating Hospital/Provider medical approach Healthfirst has been successfully delivering value for the 5 boroughs.
Healthfirst had entered the small business market Jan 1, 2017. Healthfirst is a provider-sponsored health insurance company that serves more than 1.4 million members in downstate New York and Nassau county. Healthfirst offers top-quality Medicaid, Medicare Advantage, Child Health Plus, and Managed Long Term Care plans. Healthfirst Leaf Qualified Health Plans and the Healthfirst Essential Plan are offered on NY State of Health, The Official Health Plan Marketplace. Healthfirst offers Healthfirst Pro and Pro Plus, Exclusive Provider Organization (EPO) plans for small-business owners and their employees, and Healthfirst Total, an EPO for individuals.
The Healthfirst options include four Pro EPO plans with comprehensive benefits and pediatric dental and vision coverage that span all the metal tiers (Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum). With Healthfirst plans, employees will have access to key features, including preventive and wellness visits (including annual checkups, vaccinations, and mammograms); a multilingual member services team; access to telemedicine via Teladoc; a robust choice of in-network doctors, specialists, hospitals, and urgent care centers; behavioral health and substance abuse services; coverage for acupuncture visits; and a user-friendly member portal that enables members to proactively manage their care.
- Members have access to a broad network of providers and dozens of industry-leading hospitals.
- Community locations throughout New York City, Long Island and parts of Westchester.
- Dental and vision coverage, 24/7 telemedicine access, acupuncture, exercise reward programs.
All Metal Levels will be included for all size groups including 1-99 market. Referral’s are not needed to visit a Specialist MD but one must select a Primary Care Physician on the enrollment form.
Healthfirst EPO Pro Network – Provider count expanded to 39,000 from 20,000 2 years ago. Geographic network coverage for NYC 5 Boroughs, Nassau/Suffolk and Southern Westchester. 136+ Urgent Care locations and 60+ hospitals included. Examples:
|Hospital for Special Surgery||City MD Urgent Care|
|NY Columbia Presbyterian||Modern MD|
|NYU Langone||Urgent Care|
|Mt Sinai Health System||Northwell Go-Health|
|Westchester Medical Center||Midtown NY Doctors|
|Maimonides||Cure Urgent Care|
|Staten Island University Hospital||Riverdale Urgent Care|
|SUNY Stoneybrook||Throgs Neck Urgent Care|
|Northwell Health (formerly North Shore LIJ)||Statcare|
|LI Health Network||Express Medical Care|
|Bon Secours||Excel Urgent Care|
- Free 24/7 Telemedicine Through Teladoc –Members can speak to a doctor anytime, anywhere, with a $0 copay.Telemedicine accessed via phone call or video chat.
- Gym Reimbursement – Annual $400/member and $200/spouse reimbursement
- Accupuncture Covered Benefit
- CVS/Caremark – 7,998 CVS and 22,302 Local Pharmacies. †2X copay for Mail Order 90 days supply.
- Free Flu Vaccine
- Free HSA Account. Healthfirst will pay for set-up and monthly maintenance.
- Pro Plus EPO plans Option
- Dental – Preventive Care covering Dental Exam, X-Rays, Fillings †& Cleaning †every 6 months. Emergency Dental. Major Dental covering periodontal services, endodontic services plus 6 months follow up care and limited orthodontia.
- Vision – Exams, Lenses, Frames or Contacts covered every 12 months
- SHOP Credits – SMB groups can enroll on tax credit program directly with our Brokerage
- A business must have fewer than 25 employees
- Average salary must be less than $53,000 per year Health insurance coverage must be offered to all full-time employees *Based on the New York State of Healths Small Business Health Options Program eligibility nystateofhealth.ny.gov/employer
2020 HEALTHFIRST PROVIDER NETWORK